12-month contracted position as “Marketing & Communications Lead” for Oregon Regional Accelerator & Innovation Network (RAIN).
Description: (25% travel required)
Are you passionate about marketing and communications? Do you have the ability to produce high-quality work? Do you have amazing organizational skills? Are you excited by entrepreneurship? Do you enjoy being a part of making an impact in your community? Do you get excited about the idea of building an entrepreneurial ecosystem? Have you been told you have an excellent work ethic and produce high quality results?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, RAIN wants to meet with you! RAIN is hiring a person who considers themselves a “jack of all trades” when it comes to providing marketing and communications support to a high-level team of professionals. This person will work closely with RAIN’s Executive Director, Development Director, and team of Venture Catalysts to help us serve the entrepreneurial ecosystem around the state of Oregon.
- Newsletters: Draft content for newsletter (every other month) sent to over 2,000 statewide stakeholders. Draft content for newsletters targeting local markets (e.g., Linn & Benton counties, Florence, Lincoln County, the Lowell/Oakridge area, etc.). Tracking newsletter metrics and reporting them back to team (e.g., opens, click-thru-rates, most/least clicked, etc.). Experience with MailChimp is a plus.
- Work closely with RAIN’s Venture Catalysts, Development Director, and Executive Director to assist with administrative and marketing/communications tasks.
- Gather success stories from entrepreneurs, investors, and RAIN partners/stakeholders (e.g., gather on a regular basis to report the funders and include in marketing materials).
- Keep RAIN’s “Master Metrics” document updated and hold the rest of the team accountable to add their data (important for funders and follow-up).
- Keep the “RAIN Team Drive” (Google Drive) organized and hold team accountable to do the same.
- Media: Draft and pitch media releases. Manage media inquiries. Speak to media and participate in interviews, as needed.
- Monitor and update website content.
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop a communications strategy for RAIN’s statewide expansion into small and rural communities.
- Event coordination, including scheduling meetings, sending polls to find common dates, finding spaces, ordering food and beverages, ordering supplies, attending events, helping with registration, printing materials, setting up and breaking down room, etc.)
- Be involved in entrepreneurial community.
- Video: Capture video at events and post it to social channels, our website, and other strategically-relevant places (e.g., recommending to post on city partner websites).
- Build and tabulate survey data via SurveyMonkey.
- Develop presentations in PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides.
- Coordinate and attend Board of Directors meetings. Write and distribute meeting minutes.
- Promote RAIN activities and our partners’ activities.
- Assist with fundraising activities, as needed.
- Monitor and post on our social channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Report on social media analytics.
- Design and develop simple graphics to include in newsletters, grants, and other print and online materials. Note: this is a nice-to-have skill, not required.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Able to work remotely and support a remote team spread around the state.
- Reside in the Eugene or Corvallis area.
- Organized and meet deadlines.
- Competent using Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Gmail.
- Strong communication, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starting. A bias toward action, innovation, and adaptivity.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Understand contractor laws in Oregon.
- Able to work collaboratively with individuals from various backgrounds.
Contractor Fee: $3,000 – 4,000/month (flexible schedule, and sometimes involves evenings and weekends)
Seeking to fill this position immediately.
Please provide resume, portfolio materials, and cover letter explaining interest and fit for this position. Send to: Caroline Cummings, Venture Catalyst of RAIN using the subject “MarComm Contract Position” | email@example.com
About Oregon RAIN:
Oregon RAIN is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded to advance the formation of high-growth innovative startup companies that generate jobs, wealth, and opportunities for the state. RAIN, which is run by experienced entrepreneurs and angel investors, connects entrepreneurs with strategic resources for launching and scaling business ventures, including mentor connections, educational and training programs, and access to capital. RAIN also builds entrepreneurial ecosystems in partnership with cities, counties, the State, foundations, and private funders. RAIN initially served entrepreneurs and innovators in Lane, Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties, but is now expanding to serve communities around the state.
To learn more, visit www.oregonrain.org.