Oregon RAIN serves the entrepreneurs in Oregon’s South Willamette Valley and Mid-Coast by helping them turn ideas into high impact, innovative, traded-sector companies that can grow and thrive locally.
We do this through:
The Oregon RAIN Accelerators in Corvallis (OSU Advantage Accelerator Rain Corvallis) and Eugene, (Eugene RAIN) providing disciplined mentored business acceleration programs.
The Oregon RAIN Innovation Network and the Local Networks that build and connect resident talent, capital and infrastructure, including the resources of the two research universities, into an intelligent network that is easy for entrepreneurs to access and navigate no matter what stage of business development.
Partnerships with governments, higher education, the business community and entrepreneurs advance the formation and growth of tech-based startups regionally.
Unique Geographic Approach
- RAIN supports and connects both the entrepreneurial network needed to launch new ventures and the community & government network needed to grow new ventures.
- RAIN operates regionally, as well as locally, placing activities at the right scale for optimal and efficient resource utilization: capital formation at the regional scale and locally-adapted, but coordinated, accelerator programs at the local scale.
- RAIN is a scalable architecture.
- Scale to provide talent: Connections between entrepreneurs, community members, government entities and higher education in the South Willamette Valley is critical for success.
- Scale to provide capital: The Innovation Network component links the South Willamette Valley and Mid-Coast innovation ecosystem to networks in other state regions (including Portland), and those in Silicon Valley and Seattle.
- Scale to provide infrastructure resources: The communities of the South Willamette Valley and Mid-Coast (Benton, Lincoln, Linn and Lane Counties) are wholly engaged with RAIN to maximize infrastructure within limited resources.
Want to learn more?
Check out our video to learn more about how RAIN is helping local startups begin to take root in the South Willamette Valley and Mid-Coast.